Launch with Confidence
The Aerospace market, encompassing commercial aviation and space exploration, is constantly on the cutting-edge of technology and innovation. OEMs and suppliers adopt additive manufacturing to develop super critical components that maximize design capabilities and optimize parts for longevity and performance. The aerospace industry has a strong imperative to reduce the supply chain and identify sustainable ways to manufacture complex parts, by identifying new metal additive manufacturing applications, including:
- Research & Development
- Complex designs that eliminate assembly
- Bridge Production
- Lightweighting to reduce fuel consumption and waste
- Heat transfer, turbopumps, UAV, satellite manufacturing
The challenge is that metal additive manufacturing processes and materials are not standardized for critical components due to the lack of data or quality assurance guidelines. This results in adoption hesitancy and risk assessment insecurity.
Sigma Additive Solutions PrintRite3D software solution completes the digital thread and enables engineers, researchers and scientists to print qualified metal parts that meet the strictest guidelines and standards. Users can manufacture with confidence as they Identify the level of QA parts required today while advancing the possibilities of tomorrow.
Sigma Additive Solutions PrintRite3D is compatible with major metal additive printer manufacturers. By actively monitoring the quality process and providing real-time defect detection, PrintRite3D helps you achieve high-quality output that meets regulatory and certification requirements. The solution is based on a decade of intensive research and collaboration with OEM providers and research institutions and is designed to enable end-users and service providers to manufacture parts with confidence.
Commercial and military aircraft, UAVs, space exploration vehicles and other industries with critical path applications require a tool that maximizes the potential of metal additive manufacturing and mitigates risks. OEMs and suppliers are actively defining QA standards in-house for metal AM and those who are first to accomplish this will gain a significant competitive advantage in the market. Sigma Additive Solutions can assist your R&D, prototyping and production departments to improve part performance and develop reliable standards that will help streamline your entire manufacturing efficiency.
Benefits of PrintRite3D for the space exploration and commercial aviation industry:
- In-Process Quality Assurance that immediately detects part defects
- Gain access to actionable data when its most useful – during the build process
- Fast, non-destructive means for evaluating 3D printed metal integrity
- Gain the next level of visibility into the LPBF build process – do parts look as good inside as they do on the outside?
- Identify the location, size and type of anomalies
- Handshake with eligible FEA software to determine the effect of anomalies on part performance
- Reduce pre-production trials: Identify optimum parameter, gas flow and support strategies that affect part quality
- Reduce and/or eliminate the cost and time for CT scanning and HIPing
- Boost the OEE for your metal AM investment