How NASA's AM Quality Standards Can Benefit Your Journey!
This paper, How AM Quality Standards Can Benefit Our Journey to Mars! talks about NASA’s commitment to qualify additive manufacturing and discusses important information on topics like:
- Why well-defined process qualification standards remain a clear gap in an AM standards framework.
- How existing post-build processes can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Perspectives on standardization in the AM certification process: NASA-STD-6030.
- Ways that non-destructive evaluation and process monitoring capability can help optimize system parameters and output.
- Why detecting anomalies and potential errors in real-time produces better outcomes than attempting to “inspect quality into a product”.